There are so many ways to change the look of your home and Wallpaper tops my list! Whether it is a small subtle pattern or a bold mural, it definitely makes an impact. The idea of wallpaper can be intimidating. The major turn-offs I hear most often from clients are its semi-permanent nature, the difficulty of doing it yourself, and wasting time and money. Yet, there are simple solutions to all those concerns. This is not your grandma’s wallpaper. Today’s wallpaper comes in a large variety of colors, patterns, and textures. If you are not ready to commit to a pattern or you are renting, many wallpaper options are removable. The visual impact and style are what makes wallpaper are worth the investment. If there is one thing you should try in your home this year its wallpaper.
Why You Should Use Wallpaper
Wallpaper adds visual interest to a room. It’s more than just color and more like art. It adds texture in a unique way bringing individuality to a room. The best part is that it doesn’t have to be permanent. Removeable wallpaper is also an option.
Wallpaper I’m crushing on.
Should I D.I.Y or Call a Pro?
The choice to Do It Yourself or Call a Pro depends on your level of experience and confidence. Below I have outlined ways to help you make your decision:
Call a Pro If:
- It is specialty paper. Some wallpapers are especially delicate or difficult to work with and apply for those of us who are not on an expert level.
- You have never done it before and the paper was very expensive. Sometimes it costs more when you make errors.
- You don’t have the time. Hanging wallpaper can be tedious and time consuming for some.
Do It Yourself If:
- The pattern has a randomly repeated pattern. This is good for beginners and has less complicated and fewer cuts to make when matching edges.
- The wallpaper is removable. If you make a small mistake, this type of paper can be quickly repositioned to be fixed properly.
- Have time and patience. Also, if you have done this before and feel confident that you can execute the project.
The options with wallpaper are endless. Could you see any of these in your home?